- Mechanical project engineer working on a range of wave, tidal, floating wind and oil and gas projects.
- Robust technical knowledge of a range of dynamic analysis software’s for use in marine environments.
- Strong understanding of health and safety practices with adapt experience of generating project risk assessments and method statements.
- Experience in fast-paced environments; with strong organisational, technical, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven effective communication and multitasking abilities.
April 2020-Present – Tension Technology International Limited, Inverness
Project Mechanical Engineer
TODA Floating Wind Project
- Mooring line installation tension analysis of a floating wind turbine using Orcaflex.
- Investigation into the installation and mooring line tensioning of offshore floating wind turbines.
- Design of mooring tensioning systems for use with offshore floating wind turbines.
- Performed failure mode effects analysis investigation for mooring line tensioning systems.
IMPACT-9 Aquaculture Project
- Development of system model for numerical analysis using ProteusDS.
- Dynamic numerical modelling in a variety of ultimate load cases.
NetBuoy Stage III WES Project
- Metocean analysis for NetBuoy sea-trials.
- Involved with supervising and supporting marine operations for Netbuoy sea-trials.
- Responsible for developing and conducting material investigation fatigue studies.
Guajataca Floating Pump Station
- Generation of technical risk register.
August 2017 - June 2020 SGL Carbon, Muir of Ord - Graduate Engineer
- Leading and managing site priority work packages to improve the performance and reliability of carbon fibre production lines.
- Worked alongside Production Operators to identify key safety and performance issues.
- Responsible for developing the site emergency response preparedness plan.
Master of Engineering (MEng) in Mechanical Engineering.
Bachelors Project: HVAC studies using OpenFOAM Computational Fluid Dynamics Software
Masters Group Project: Design, Development and Construction of Syringe Pump Mixing Accessory
Engineering Tools: AutoCAD, Inventor Professional, Recap Pro and MathCAD
Microsoft Windows, Office and Project