TTI testing now has it's own website:
TTI Testing (Rope, chain, cable and yarn testing)
We design tests to help manufacturers and users quantify the performance of a rope or cable.
Our forensic service helps establish the root cause of accidents and failures.
TTI Testing personnel are qualified and experienced
- Forensic investigation of product failures, ropes, textiles and packaging
- In-house testing facilities for the determination of tensile and abrasion resistance properties of fibres, yarns and fabrics
- Specialised programmes to deliver enhanced analysis of Load/Extension curves from tensile testing
- Other investigative methods available include:
- Optical and scanning electron microscopy, including 3D surface analysis
- Fourier Transform infra-red spectrometry
- Differential scanning calorimetry
- Electrostatic characteristics by charge decay, surface and volume resistivity
These techniques allow detailed analysis of any complicated problem, where visual and tensile testing is not sufficient to understand the problem.
- Particular expertise in the production of woven polypropylene fabric and its use in packaging applications.
- Particular expertise in advising on clean room working for woven polypropylene packaging manufacturing plants.
- Particular expertise in warp knitting technology
- Direct access to many of the Textile Departments of Universities and Colleges.
- Design and development of demonstrator systems made from technical textiles